Cycles in Nature Archives
Cycles in Nature 2014
Cycles in Nature is an annual event! May 2014, please join Montessori students, staff, and families around the world as we create a network of empowered Montessori youth, give individuals the opportunity to feel relevant and have global impact, and support environmental sustainability and social justice through fundraising.
This year Cycles in Nature will raise funds for not only a local initiative but also for Children’s Eternal Rain Forest Project (MISP) and for Article 15 Foundation’s Savings for Change that increases literacy and education for child workers in Senegal.
Cycles in Nature 2013
To highlight the importance of the natural world and the Montessori students’ role in its protection, preservation, and appreciation through creative documentation while on their bicycles.
- May 30th, 2013 Montessori students from around the world bicycled around the most beautiful, most threatened, most endangered natural spaces in their communities and drew attention to their importance through written, video, and audio creative expression.
- The student multimedia documentation was submitted to www.cyclesinnature.org, under the “share” tab, emailed to email@example.com, or uploaded to the Cycles in Nature Facebook event page www.facebook.com/constructingpeace.
- Videos, photos, reflections and recordings were collected, edited, and compiled into a powerful Montessori youth statement for the environment, shared at the International Congress in Portland. (www.montessoricongress.org)
- All participants received a press packet to help promote “Cycles in Nature” in their local news stations and publications to capture the spirit of the day.
- Participants contributed to the Cycles in Nature blog at www.cyclesinnature.org and the “Cycles in Nature” event on the MISP Facebook page www.facebook.com/constructingpeace.